Kenya Website Experts is seeking dedicated and motivated employees looking for a career in customer service / technical support and are looking to work with Kenya's leading website design and web hosting provider and provide exceptional customer service on a consistent basis.
Providing support to hosting customers on inbound telephone calls, chats and tickets. They will be the first point of contact and provide professional consultation to customers.
Their interactions will range from questions about current products/services and/or consultation of new purchases.
Effectively responds and provides information to customers regarding new offerings, contract extension options, and attempts to cross-sell additional products/services.
Diploma, Degree in ICT, or equivalent work experience
Work related experience
- Customer Service background preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Internet Technology required
- Experience working in a team environment preferred
- Strong knowledge in website design and development
- Experience in internet marketing and search engine optimization
- Ability support Windows and Linux environments
- Expertise in web hosting technologies including content management systems commonly used to operate a website such as WordPress or Joomla.
- Managing and Troubleshooting with: FTP, cPanel, Plesk and MySQL.
- Troubleshooting the basics of Email environment
- Expertise in the movement of website content via the file transfer protocol.
- Ability to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, researching and providing solutions of moderate complexity rather than escalating problems that can be resolved at the first point of contact
- Ability to meet minimum department quality and productions standards is required
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with various levels of the organization is required to research customer issues as described
- Strong and accurate data entry skills are essential
- Ability to research and investigate issues using multiple systems is required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment is essential. Incumbents must be able to learn and adapt to new environments, business processes, and systems quickly
- Ability to identify and resolve customer concerns related to GoDaddy Hosting products and services
- Ability to consult with a customer on their business needs by matching GoDaddy products and/or solutions to their online goals
- Excellent attendance required. Additionally, incumbents must be able to work schedules in which timed lunches and breaks are predefined
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to remain customer service focused during all situations is essential
Physical and Mental Demands:
These physical and mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit at a desk for periods of up to six (6) hours at a time.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers via telephone and email.
- Able to accurately receive information through oral communication.
- Able to accurately review data and figures both in hard copy and electronic formats.
- Utilize a computer (including but not limited to a mouse and keyboard) and telephone intermittently throughout entire time, for periods of up to six (6) hours at a time, and no less than 90 percent (90%) of the total time.
- Able to accurately sort through data and think through issues in a time-pressured environment.
- Able to focus on a specific event or activity for up to six (6) hours at a time without interruption.
- Able to maintain a calm and collected presence while addressing the concerns of a difficult customer.
- Able to accurately learn and retain new information, knowledge and skills.
- Able to efficiently manage multiple projects, with varying degrees of priority, at the same time.