Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya.
The Service seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced individual to fill the following vacant position at the Headquarters.
1. Deputy Director Human Capital
JG “2”– (One (1) Vacancy)
Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the management of the Human Capital function.
The key objective will be to steer the formulation and implementation of the Service Human Capital strategies, policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective acquisition, placement, development and retention of the required human capital capacity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulating and reviewing Human Capital policies and ensuring efficient implementation;
- Advising Management on HC issues
- Forecasting the manpower and skills needs;
- Coordinating performance management strategies
- Managing staff welfare schemes including staff counseling;
- Managing reward strategies
- Guiding management and line management on all Human Capital matters
- Coordinating effective implementation of employee wellness programmes in consultation with relevant Government agencies and Partners.
- Master’s Degree with a specialization in Human Resources Management.
- At least eight (8) years experience in HR Management, five (5) of which should be at Senior Management level in a comparable organization.
- Excellent knowledge of the Balanced Score Card performance management tool
- Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing Human Capital strategies as well as initiating and implementing HR reforms
- Team player with excellent managerial, organization, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability in motivating and leading successful teams.
- Strong ICT skills.
- Good knowledge of the Kenya Labour Laws.
- CPS (K) and a Certificate in workplace counseling is an added advantage.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of three (3) referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 6th November, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 - 00100
KWS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.