CAROLINA FOR KIBERA
PARTNERSHIPS & SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
Carolina for Kibera (CFK) is a non-profit organization based in the Kibera community of Nairobi.
CFK exists to develop local leaders, catalyze positive change and alleviate poverty in the Kibera slum of Nairobi.
Driven by local needs, CFK’s collaborative network of programs advance health, education, ethnic cooperation, gender equality and
economic empowerment, and equip local leaders with tools to strengthen the community.
More information can be found at www.carolinaforkibera.org
In a bid to move the organization to greater sustainability in line with vision of the Strategic Plan 2011 – 2015, CFK seeks to recruit a
young and dynamic Kenyan as its Partnerships & Sustainability Manager.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the position will be responsible for management of the organization’s Endowment Fund as well as
establishing processes and systems that will enable CFK to move towards greater sustainability as an institution of benefit to its
Position Status: Full time.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and implement a comprehensive sustainability plan aimed at moving CFK toward greater sustainability in
collaboration with the Executive Director and other organizational staff.
• Provide leadership in the management and growth of the CFK Endowment Fund.
• Actively cultivate new and existing donor relationships by exploring multiple possibilities for engagement while developing
and maintaining contacts with a broad section of agencies and leaders.
• Conduct a comprehensive analysis of systems and structures and continuously spearhead reviews to ensure continued
efficiency, effectiveness and high impact for CFK’s resource investments.
• Develop and spearhead the implementation of a resource mobilization strategy that would enable CFK to achieve its 2015
financial objectives for both program and core costs.
• Develop concepts and proposals and act as a catalyst for new resource mobilization ideas and approaches in collaboration
with CFK staff and in line with the wider organizational vision.
• Ensure strict compliance by CFK to funding guidelines and regulations as detailed in the various funding agreements in place.
• Any other duties that you may be assigned from time to time.