The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and
independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the
lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening
International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s
humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
It also runs regional specialist units that provide support and expertise to the ICRC’s
delegations in East Africa, the Great Lakes region and the Horn of Africa.
MAISHA+ FOCAL POINT & REGIONAL DEPUTY
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking an experienced and highly
motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position to be based in Nairobi.
The incumbent will coordinate all Work place Health and safety program activities
for the Nairobi Regional Delegation in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
S/he will also provide support to ICRC Delegations and Sub-delegations in East and
Southern Africa in their implementation of HIV program policy
As a Maisha+ responsible:
As a focal point for HIV Workplace program, s/he will be responsible for:
• Overseeing the peer educators’ activities and fully participate in these
• Briefing of new national staff and expatriates about Maisha+ program and
organize refresher courses for the peer educators according to identified
• Supervise the uptake of VCT services at the workplace and during social
• Facilitate in health talks and sensitization sessions for Peer Educators, Family
members and general sensitization sessions;
• Networking: collaboration with local partners/enterprises and national Red
Cross/Crescent having similar workplace health and safety HIV program in
sensitization / screening / social marketing;