Job title: Driver / administrative assistant
Unit/dept/delegation:Norwegian Red Cross, East Africa Regional Representation, Nairobi
Reports to: Programme Officer
PurposeTo provide driving and administrative support to the Norwegian Red Cross staff and programmes managed by the regional representation in Nairobi.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation's goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Safely drive Federation fleet vehicles for the transport of passengers and cargo as instructed and ensure that all occupants of the vehicle are wearing safety belts. Driving assignments include field trips to rural areas with overnight stays.
- Ensure proper use and security of assigned Federation vehicles and equipment. Also ensure the vehicles are cleaned, refuelled and are in operational condition at all times
- Make correct entries into the log book and ensure proper records are kept of all the spare keys, repairs, equipment (e.g. radios, antennae, etc) and fuel intakes
- Perform daily inspections for the assigned or any other vehicles and report to the supervisor accordingly
- Understand and obey all applicable traffic signs, rules and regulations
- Obey all lawful instructions of Police Officers in respective countries where the assigned vehicle will be driven
- Comply with working hours as regulated, in accordance with the operational requirements of the East Africa Regional Representation
- Make any such repairs that are necessary for the efficient operation of the vehicles including changing tyres in case of a puncture, changing oils, car batteries, etc
- Advise supervisor of needed maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Carry out pre-repairs and post-repairs inspection
- Follow up monthly service repairs and generate reports
- Perform other technical duties as assigned
- Assist the Programme Officer to follow up and ensure timely organisation of all welcome services provided to Norwegian Red Cross delegates, staff, visitors as well as partner national societies in close coordination and communication with the Programme Officer.
- Assist the Programme Officer to manage incoming and outgoing correspondence and ensure information is passed to the relevant recepients.
- Assist the Programme Officer in maintaining accurate Asset Inventory for the Norwegian Red Cross Regional Office and follow up on Asset’s register for programmes managed at the office
- Manage and supervise the cleaning services provided to Norwegian Red Cross offices.
- Assist the Finance Officer with payment vouchers for all invoices approved for payment; code the payments as appropriate.
- Assist the Finance Officer check cash books against budget from programmes managed at the Norwegian Red Cross regional office.
- Assist in filing and labelling payment receipts
- Follow up repair work at delegates’ houses as instructed.
- Purchase of small items for office use.