Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Chief Accountant
Job Purpose Summary: The accounts assistant is responsible for a wide variety of duties in the accounts function and provides mainly transactional accounting assistance across the ledgers.
- Ensures all departments forward their weekly requisitions within the specified time period
- Ensures all appropriate approvals are made before processing the requisitions
- Updates and record all weekly reconciliation on the cash book.
- Corrects any accounting errors in the requisitions
- Ensure petty cash is done as per the accounting policies to ensure availability of funds
- Ensure all petty cash vouchers have attached receipts and are well accounted for
- Managing petty cash transactions and cash book
- Managing incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any queries.
- Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Ensures reconciliation of invoice statement is captured in the accounting system
- Processes all customer invoices, have the invoices stamped by the Store keeper and returned, makes a follow up to ensure orders are done within the stipulated timelines.