ActionAid International is active in over 45 countries in Africa, Asia, America and Europe regions, in partnership
with other organizations.
ActionAid Kenya has been working in Kenya since 1972 to facilitate processes that eradicate poverty and
ensure social justice through anti-poverty projects, local institutional capability building and public policy
ActionAid Kenya works in 20 districts of Kenya and links key international, national and local institutions in
favour of poor people.
MANAGER - LOCAL RIGHTS PROGRAMME
We seek to recruit three (3) dynamic and innovative persons to fill the following new positions based at three
locations Kuria, Makima and Elangata Wuas Local Rights Programmes (LRP).
Kuria LRP is in Kuria District, Migori County; Makima LRP is in Mbeere South District, Embu County; while
Elangata Wuas LRP is in Ngong District, Kajiado Central County.
Reporting to the Team Leader at the respective Region, you will be committed to the cause of poverty
eradication, while overseeing appropriate planning, development, implementation, monitoring and review of
long-term development programmes and initiatives at the Local Rights Programme (LRP).
Key responsibilities will include the following:
• Building strong alliances in the area through empowering and building capacity of people living in
poverty and their Community Based Organizations and other partners for sustainable development;
• Promoting the highest standards of integrity, cost consciousness and accountability in line with
ActionAid Learning and Planning Systems (ALPS) and ActionAid’s values;
• Promoting women’s rights and empowerment through gender mainstreaming in all programmes by
addressing operational and strategic gender needs of the communities and partners in the
Our preferred candidate will have:
• A degree preferably in social sciences with at least three years’ experience in programme development
• Strong analytical skills and a high level of credibility in order to assist the rights holders in determining
• Experience in participatory development approaches, tools and methodologies
• You must be willing to reside in the Local Rights Programme area.
The successful candidates will enjoy flexibility and organizational space while joining an experienced and
dynamic staff working alongside poor people.
For a full job profile interested candidates should access the application pack by following the link below: