The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the
crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock
science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction
and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the
Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices
located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, and Nigeria) as well
as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, and
Vietnam) and East Asia (China).
ILRI seeks to recruit an *Accountant. *Reporting to the *Treasury supervisor
*, the jobholder will be responsible for the following:
* Update of the supplier list in SUN-Review of all inactive supplier
Accounts, reconciling them for informed decision on the way forward for the
* Population of Bank details for suppliers & partners-This will cover both
local & foreign suppliers for effective interface with banking systems. It
will also include updating all supplier contact details for dispatch of
e-remittances & also in readiness for an online order tracking system later.
* Ensure timely cheque distribution & acknowledgment.
* Send emails promptly to staff once CBA OTC payments are released to the
* Ensure cash & cheque receipts are handled in a timely manner & to ensure
* VAT exemption administration.
* Actively involved in digitization of receipting system.
* Assist payables Accountant in reconciliation of supplier Accounts.
* Assist in digitization of travel authorization(TA) form, project advances
form, travel expense reports, project settlement reports & regular payment