The Institute for Security Studies (ISS) is an independent and non-profit applied policy research
organization with a focus on human security in Africa. Its mission is to conceptualize, inform and
enhance the human security debate on the continent.
The ISS has offices in Addis Ababa, Cape Town, Dakar, Nairobi and Pretoria
The ISS Nairobi seeks to appoint a Financial Accountant with multitasking skills, who works well under
pressure and with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate will need:-
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the field of accounting
• An appropriate Degree in Accounting, CPA/ ACCA is preferable
• Proven competence in MS Office and database experience
• Experience working under pressure in a multi cultural and currency environment
• Experience in ACCPAC and related accounting software
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility of the accounting function and perform
administrative duties to ensure efficient record keeping, as well as the following: –
• Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and control expenditure within
• Apply and ensure the application of financial policy and financial and internal control procedures