Monday, October 22, 2012

Office Romance - Sex and Work


“Welcome to the good life”, these were the first words Evans curled out of his mouth as we popped a bottle of  champagne to celebrate my new breakthrough which was a shot at employment. I was employed as a supply chain assistant manager at a local fleet management company and like everyone who’s coming off unemployment I thought my problems were over, not knowing they had just began.

At the office it was business as usual and everything was running smooth until one day when we got a memo that saying our boss would no longer be working with us as he had been deployed to the regional office and we’ll be having a new one at the headquarters. After a few days we were all called to the boardroom to welcome the new boss and from the very first sight of her I knew she spelt trouble. Dressed in a kinky short dress that exposed her fine curved legs and a tight blouse that showed part of her cleavage narrowing all the way down to the breath of her thin waistline, I knew I had to hold it together even if it meant seeking divine intervention as I didn’t want to be on record as the shortest serving employee.


The next few weeks were easy for me she wasn’t present at the office and we only saw each other when we brushed shoulders along the corridors as I stepped out to grab a quick snack or when we shared the lift on my way out. She noticed that I always went out for thirty minutes periodic break during working hours and she summoned me to her office one day. I explained to her about my insatiable appetite for coffee and funny enough she assigned Jessica her PA who brought her coffee to be bringing me coffee too. On other occasions she would also join me at the coffee hub for one after work. Eyebrows were raised most definitely as one event led to the other but no one was bold enough to speak about it in the open. Kyle who was my workmate was assigned part of my duties and I was enrolled to the team that went to the fields with the Manager. This was an opportune time for her to spend nights with me without raising suspicion .She would call me to her room each and every other night for the two weeks as we continued to pursue our romance.

Back at the office I was getting favors despite my dismal performance and to make matters worse she started displaying the emotions of a jilted lover whenever she would see me giggling with female colleagues, I tried to keep a distance from her but she always came around just like a boomerang. The performance of the organization dropped as a result of her constant absence from work which she cited family reasons, didn’t know she had a family up to the 11th hour. The guilt and shame that followed was visible from afar to the point that she had to get rid of me or risk compromising her position. After two weeks when she had told me to resign and I refused I had the board had called for a crisis meeting due to the drop in performance of the organization and after a careful analysis of the situation at the organization the board decided to lay off some of the staff who they said had become redundant. 6 months into employment and I was out again and it’s because I couldn’t get my act straight. If only I had listened to Elvis who told me the only way to avoid sin is to avoid temptation maybe I could still be working like Kyle. Early this year I had she got divorced after the company fired her for having a relationship with another employee and the husband couldn’t stand the scandal.

Tell us about your office romance?

dailykenyan.jobs@gmail.com

Humphrey Indeje